I usually feed a crowd. Although I only have 2 sons, I usually have at least one extra mouth to feed, and often more.
Meatball Subs
All that is required is your favorite pasta sauce, hoagie/sub rolls, provolone cheese and the prepared meatballs below. Serve with a salad and you're good to go.
Meatballs:
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. italian sausage
3 cloves garlic-I run them through a press
1 med onion, diced
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/3 cup parmesean cheese, I shred it, but you could use grated
1 large egg
1 tsp dried basil
Mix well and shape into balls. I used a portioner, so simple and the sizes are the same for even cooking.
Broil on high, 10 minutes, 8" from broiler element. Turn and broil an additional 10 minutes. Turn off broiler, shut oven door and leave for 20 minutes. I prepare the sauce while the meaballs cook.
Sauce:
Use whatever sauce you like. Doctor it up, heat it thoroughly.
Assembly:
I toast hoagie/sub rolls on both sides. Place 3 meatballs on each toasted roll, sover with sauce and place 2 slices of provolone cheese to cover each sandwich. Broil until cheese melts.
These are quick, easy and delicious. I hope you will try them and let me know what you think.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment